Know Your Grow Lights
Welcome to our Growers Light Knowledge base.
Why LED Grow Lights are a Better Choice than HID
- LED grow lights will last four times longer (or more) than HID bulbs in a horticulture environment.
- LED chips emit more light per watt than traditional gas and filament light bulbs.
- The old-school HID grow lights are a lot of work and maintenance costs.
- Commercial LED grow lights emit very little forward heat.
- LED grow lights can be engineered with a photosynthesis-specific broad spectral output.
Is it important to use high-quality LED chips in your LED grow lights?
What is the right light spectrum for plant growth?
Searching online for “The right PAR spectrum for my plants” will make one thing clear. The number of different spectral outputs promoted as the ideal plant growth spectrum is confusing. Why is finding the right light spectrum for plant growth so difficult?
How Many Grow Lights Do I Need?
The amount of light that does not land on a plant is a waste of resources. It will not be used for photosynthesis. Likewise, the amount of light touching the plants but beyond what they can efficiently use is also wasted. So how can you get the best results from your LED grow lights? You need the correct number of plant grow light fixtures for optimal plant growth using the least electrical power.